Olmec Advanced Materials: CNC Machinist Job Vacancies, Lancashire.
We currently have two fantastic opportunities open for experienced CNC Machinists local to Preston/ Lancashire.
We take pride in the enjoyable, flexible and communicative work environment we have built at Olmec. These roles would be suited to CNC machinists looking for flexible work/life balance, as we work a 4 day week and are able to work around a family-life balance.
Please contact email@example.com with a CV and cover letter to apply for the following.
1.) Team Leader & CNC Machinist.
2.) CNC Machinist (Turning & Milling)
Please note that these positions require machining experience and the ability to commute to Garstang, Lancashire.
CNC Machinist Vacancies, Lancashire:
CNC Miller & Turner
We are currently looking for an experience CNC Miller/ Turner to join our team. We are a well-established manufacturing company based Garstang, Lancashire – Predominantly we machine graphite and carbon materials, working with a range of grades and parts.
*Please only apply for this role if you are local to/able to reasonably commute to Garstang*
Main duties will include but are not limited to:
· Creating programs, Set and Operate CNC Mills and lathes, Machining centers, manual mills and lathes.
· Machine items/products to Engineering Drawings and production deadlines ensuring the CNC/manual machines are operated safely and that the appropriate checks have been carried out.
· Manage time and machines to achieve a highly efficient output.
· Working within machining tolerances. Ensure that the completed component is checked against the specification and that the agreed inspect regime is adhered to
· Supporting production by demonstrating a flexible approach and to resolve high priority issues when required.
Essential Skills and Competences:
· Time served or completed relevant apprenticeship as a CNC/Manual machinist
· Undertaken formal training in CNC programming setting and operation
· Knowledge and experience of working on CNC machining centres, CNC lathes, (Hurco Mills and Gate lathes preferred.) manual mills and lathes
· Fork Lift Truck licence desirable.
· Has a good understanding of best tools for the job and speeds and feeds for different tools.
· Work under their own initiative, with minimum supervision, being forward thinking and proactive
· Strong communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
In return you will receive:
· A competitive salary.
· 37.5 hours week 6.00am – 4.00pm Monday – Thursday.
· 21 days annual leave, plus Bank holidays.
· Free parking.
· Opportunity to work for a company who are established in their field, who value their employees.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
We have implemented social distancing measures at the facility. With a small team and a lot of space, this is manageable.
CNC Machinist Vacancies, Lancashire:
Team Leader & CNC Machinist.
Olmec Advanced Materials are looking for a CNC Engineer (Machinist) who will oversee our team at the machining facility in Garstang (Lancashire).
We are looking for a competent machinist with experience programming, setting, turning and milling who is also looking to lead a team in a management position.
The role requires a keen attention to detail and a willingness to share and communicate your expertise with others.
Crucially, you will demonstrate a genuine commitment to problem solving and communication in both technical and general management sides of your role.
Benefits to you:
You will lead a small team in the machining department of one of the largest independent graphite suppliers in Europe. We have been in the business for four decades, developing our skillset and supplying materials to companies all over the world. Even throughout the recent COVID-19 crisis we have operated at higher levels than previous years and have recently set out a significant Growth Improvement Plan of which you will be a fundamental part.
In recent years, the carbon and graphite industry has pushed boundaries in science and engineering. This has given manufacturers like us a crucial role to play in the innovation of ground-breaking technologies, making this an exciting industry to be a part of.
We are also able to offer successful candidates flexibility in their schedule. Our machinists work a 4-day week, giving you a long weekend. We are also open to altering hours to fit around family life for the right candidate.
It is essential to us that Olmec is the right fit for you, as well as vice-versa.
- Management experience (at least 1 year).
- Experience in CNC Machining – Milling/Turning.
- Knowledge of programming.
Hours per week: 38, This is 6.00 – 16.00 Monday to Thursday, with 30 minutes unpaid per day for lunch. Approximately 50% of the time to be spent manufacturing.
Ultimately responsible to: Managing Director
Responsible to: Operations and Systems Manager (OSM)
Supervisory responsibly for: Machinists (Engineering element)
Other contacts: Customers, Visitors, suppliers, work colleagues in Garstang and Sheffield
The engineering manager is a critical role which manages the Health and Safety and reports to the OSM.
It is the Engineer Managers role to make sure the organisation is running as well as it possibly can, with a smooth efficient service that meets the expectations and needs of colleagues, customers and clients.
Overview of role
- Ensure all work, procedures and facilities are operated/kept in a manner that is safe, to current regulations.
- Acts as a role model to all other employees from all aspects of work, timekeeping, attitude and behaviour.
- Prepare costings.
- Maintain the Quality System ISO- 9001:2015 to the standards required.
- Ensures smooth running of workshop.
- Constantly reviews areas of improvement – Continuous improvement .
- Ensures operational systems are adhered to by all members of the engineering team at all times.
- Production planning and scheduling.
- Review production efficiencies to maximise outputs,
- Provide training and guidance to employees.
- Meet and strive to exceed production targets whilst minimising waste and maintaining quality.
- Ongoing maintenance of equipment.
- Work with external suppliers.
- Work with the Operations and Systems Manager.
- Assists with staff development.
- Ensure storage of data for working methods is carried out in accordance with best practice.
- Ensure stock lists are maintained.
- Carry out machining of work orders.
- Programming mills and lathes etc.
- Set-up mills and lathes saws Grinders etc.
- Inspection regime to be followed.
- All necessary paperwork to be completed – Route Cards time sheets etc.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Shares best practice.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Permanent
Location: Olmec Machining Workshop, Garstang, Preston, Lancashire PR3.
Contract: Full Time and Permanent after Trial Period.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Please Contact Us for more information on CNC Machinist Vacancies, Lancashire.
To apply for this position please email a full C.V outlining your skills, qualifications and relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org