Olmec Advanced Materials: CNC Machinist Job Vacancies, Lancashire.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity open for experienced CNC Machinists local to Preston/ Lancashire.
We take pride in the enjoyable, flexible and communicative work environment we have built at Olmec. These roles would be suited to CNC machinists looking for flexible work/life balance, as we work a 4 day week and are able to work around a family-life balance.
Please contact email@example.com with a CV and cover letter to apply for the following.
1.) CNC Machinist (Turning & Milling)
Please note that these positions require machining experience and the ability to commute to Garstang, Lancashire.
CNC Machinist Vacancies, Lancashire:
CNC Miller & Turner
We are currently looking for an experience CNC Miller/ Turner to join our team. We are a well-established manufacturing company based Garstang, Lancashire – Predominantly we machine graphite and carbon materials, working with a range of grades and parts.
*Please only apply for this role if you are local to/able to reasonably commute to Garstang*
Main duties will include but are not limited to:
· Creating programs, Set and Operate CNC Mills and lathes, Machining centers, manual mills and lathes.
· Machine items/products to Engineering Drawings and production deadlines ensuring the CNC/manual machines are operated safely and that the appropriate checks have been carried out.
· Manage time and machines to achieve a highly efficient output.
· Working within machining tolerances. Ensure that the completed component is checked against the specification and that the agreed inspect regime is adhered to
· Supporting production by demonstrating a flexible approach and to resolve high priority issues when required.
Essential Skills and Competences:
· Time served or completed relevant apprenticeship as a CNC/Manual machinist
· Undertaken formal training in CNC programming setting and operation
· Knowledge and experience of working on CNC machining centres, CNC lathes, (Hurco Mills and Gate lathes preferred.) manual mills and lathes
· Fork Lift Truck licence desirable.
· Has a good understanding of best tools for the job and speeds and feeds for different tools.
· Work under their own initiative, with minimum supervision, being forward thinking and proactive
· Strong communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
In return you will receive:
· A competitive salary.
· 37.5 hours week 6.00am – 4.00pm Monday – Thursday.
· 21 days annual leave, plus Bank holidays.
· Free parking.
· Opportunity to work for a company who are established in their field, who value their employees.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
We have implemented social distancing measures at the facility. With a small team and a lot of space, this is manageable.