Medium Grained Graphites – Machined to your specification
Medium grained graphites are available as:
- Medium Grained Graphite Rods from Ø3mm – Ø700mm with other sizes are available upon request.
- Medium Grained Graphite Blocks up to 915mm x 375mm x 3150mm with other sizes available upon request.
We stock over ten different grades of medium grained graphite at our graphite machining workshop, with our most popular grade being MCCA. We also supply medium grained graphite to customers to machine using their own machining facilities. However, the conductive and invasive dust that is generated during graphite machining often leads to customers preferring that they had requested Olmec machine the graphite. Our graphite machining equipment has been designed to accommodate the local “at tool” dust extraction, which is necessary to help prevent machinery and electrical equipment breakdown.
Listed below are a small number of uses along with some of the applications where medium grained graphite components are used:
- Furnace parts: Carbide production, ceramics Industry, Silicon Carbide production and Carbon Fibre production.
- Crucibles: Foundries and the chemical industry.
- Drilling Bit Moulds: Mining and petrochemical industries.
- Heating elements: Quartz glass production and powder metallurgy.
- Piston Rings: Sterling Engines
- Purification Systems: Aluminium Production
- Extrusion guides: Extruded aluminium production
- Moulds: Precious metal recovery
- Heating Elements: Vacuum and inert atmosphere furnaces
- Silicon Metal Slicing Beams: Semiconductor industry
- Self lubricating bearings: Bearings
- Busting Discs: Safety valves
- Hearths: Vacuum metal coatings
- Trays & Work-holding jigs: Jewellery industry