OLMEC ADVANCED MATERIALS LTD | Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
Introduction to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
CSR refers to the way in which businesses regulate themselves in order to ensure that all of their activities positively affect society as a whole. CSR policies aim to guarantee that companies work ethically, considering human rights as well as the social, economic and environmental impacts of what they do as a business. Businesses should meet, and aim to exceed, any relevant legislation, and if legislation does not exist in a particular area, the company should ensure they carry out best practices anyway.
Olmec Advanced Materials Limited are committed to ensuring that any business undertakings are conducted as ethically as possible by following the below policy.
Who we are and what we do:
Olmec Advanced Materials Ltd are one of the largest independent graphite machine workshops in Europe. The vast experience we have gained over the last four decades helps us to provide effective solutions for our customers. The machining and supply of these products is carried out in our machining workshop in Garstang, and all administrative functions revolve around our Sheffield offices. We supply parts to a range of industries including but not limited to aerospace and defence, construction, cement, glass, and EDM (electrical discharge machining) processes.
Looking after Employees
We have a small, committed workforce for whom the following is carried out:
- Vigorous health and safety policies, procedures and training for staff working with machinery.
- Staff training and focussed personal development.
- Olmec prioritise frequent communication internally, including phone/online meetings between branches.
- Staff are paid correctly and on time. Wages exceed the National Minimum Wage. Employees receive a good pension and where required obtain company phones.
Looking after Customers
- Olmec Advanced Materials have a constructive relationship with all buyers. Any unsatisfactory product or material is met with immediate evaluation, working to ensure that their specific requirements can be achieved. Olmec often provide samples free of charge prior to sales to ensure satisfaction with materials.
- Both our offices and machining facility have high standards of health and safety, including checks of materials and parts for any possible risks to customers.
- We are entirely committed to clear communication with customers. Email and Direct phone numbers are provided and always answered to our full capabilities. It is crucial to Olmec that communication with buyers allows for the correct materials to be used in our client’s applications.
- Olmec Advanced Materials ask that all suppliers adhere to regulations in the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
- Olmec Advanced Materials ask that all suppliers operate in line with the Bribery Act 2010.
- Olmec Advanced Materials are committed to paying our suppliers properly and on time.
- Olmec Advanced Materials ask that of our major suppliers have a CSR policy in place.
- We are committed to clear communication with suppliers.
Protecting the Environment
- We show commitment to and monitor waste reduction by using offcuts of materials to make further parts, and ensuring that any shipping required utilises all possible space in containers etc.
- Recycling materials wherever possible.
- Encouraging greener transport by encouraging staff to walk, cycle, car share or use public transport to get to work wherever possible.
- Encouraging staff to use greener fuels in their personal vehicles if possible.
- Ensuring machinery and equipment is as energy efficient as possible.
All of our employees are local to the offices in Sheffield or Facility in Garstang (Lancashire). We engage with the communities in these locations through:
- Sponsorship of or monetary donations to local charities, sports clubs, societies, youth groups, community centres.
- Supporting the surrounding community by employing local people.
Olmec Advanced Materials aim to implement the above measures and record the achievements accomplished as a result. Olmec Advanced Materials will make an annual evaluation of areas we can improve upon.